1986 all over again

Victor

No, I wouldn't do it. I like my technology and I'm going to keep it. If my kids get too attached, I can take it from them temporarily but I would still use it myself.

olderthandirt

The cell phones wouldn't be a problem - I already don't use one and the girls must pay for their own in order to have them. I could live without cable, since I don't watch a lot of TV, but I couldn't live without my Internet or computer, since that's my main source of income.

BigPapa

I am with you older, I use the internet to make my living so that would not work for me. I could also go without cable, but I do need a cell phone. My customers need to be able to get a hold of me, even when I am not "in the office".

Andersson

I know many people who have done this and while I do not have a need anymore, I know some parents would love this idea. Victor has a good point here that many people overlook, as parents they get the control from what we give them. Stop giving access and they will not have it.

CHenne

No! I saw it but there is no way I could do it. I wouldn't want to. I like technology and all of our changes. We have set rules in our house about electronic devices. They work for us.

On The Mark

The only way I would do it, could do it actually, is if everyone else did. It would be possible but you would be so disconnected from everyone else that you probably couldn't get much done.