A Dry Diaper

Victor

My 2 year old is potty trained during the day but not overnight. Yesterday morning she had a dry diaper! I hope to see more soon so we can night train her too. :)

Timothy

That's awesome! Congratulations, Victor! Our son is 3 and has struggled somewhat with potty training. Like your daughter, he does well during the day, but he rarely makes it through the night and wakes up dry. I'm hoping with time, his bladder endurance will increase so he can hold it longer and make it through the entire night.

Babar

Be sure to limit her fluids in the few hours before bedtime. I know if I drink a lot right before bed, I always wake up in the morning desperately having to pee!

CHenne

Awesome! I hope her diaper is dry every morning. Are you giving her anything (rewards) when it's dry in the morning? No more diapers is a big accomplishment.

Victor

Well the diapers haven't been dry since. I haven't given any rewards because my understanding is holding it through the night is more physiological than behavioral and I want to wait until she can do it more reliably.

As for limiting fluids at bedtime, it's so hard to get her to drink any fluids at all that we hesitate to do that yet. We'll give her a bit longer to get it together before pushing night training, but I am still so encouraged to know that she was able to keep dry.

Andersson

It takes practice but at some point everyone gets the hang of it. A friend of mine just called today, her youngest just had her first baby and everyone is excited. Time flies fast, never forget these precious moments!!

Bear

Congrats Victor. Our girls are the same age. Mine has woken dry a few times, but not every night yet. She is pretty much potty trained during the day though which has been quite an accomplishment. I didn't think we would ever get there!

Victor

Congrats Victor. Our girls are the same age. Mine has woken dry a few times, but not every night yet. She is pretty much potty trained during the day though which has been quite an accomplishment. I didn't think we would ever get there!
I know what you mean, Bear. I'm amazed we even got day training down, especially since my wife and I had no clue what we were doing. It felt a bit like taking a test I hadn't studied for and miraculously passing.

Jack

Potty training varies so much from child to child. What you think you learned with the first one may not apply the next ones, especially when one is a girl and one is a boy.

Lorenzo

Potty training varies so much from child to child. What you think you learned with the first one may not apply the next ones, especially when one is a girl and one is a boy.
That's right, Jack. My two-year old son has not mastered toilet training just yet even when his sisters at his age already did. Anyway, it's not a competition and we sure are not pressuring our toddler, just some bits of encouragement until he finally gets it done, in his time.

Bear

We have actually had a problem with backsliding since I have been home all the time. The wife tells me this is a pretty normal reaction to an upset in her routine though.