A glass of warm milk for sound sleep

ghanashyam

Are you having problem of not getting sound sleep or late sleep. Try this, a glass of warm milk without sugar will help the body to quieten down the brain and stomach. It is a proved Indian therapy of sleep disorders.

Hank

It has never worked for me and I don't like milk unless it's ice cold. I think any type of protein would work to help promote sleep. Turkey especially comes to mind. If I'm not mistaken it has a compound in it that makes you sleepy.

Andersson

I have heard about this and tried it before but I did not enjoy it. For some reason warm milk just seems to do me in and my kids too. We have no issues drinking cold milk though even with ice cubes.

stephen

I've never tried warm milk without sugar. It's the tryptophan that puts you to sleep. I wonder if hot chocolate would work or if the caffeine in the chocolate would counterract the tryptophan?

FrankSinatra

Warm milk isn't an Indian sleep aid or anything. A lot of cultures use this so don't think Indians are some miracle workers...lol, ridiculous.

It only works on some people too. I know it has no effects on me but my one sister falls asleep at the drop of a hat when you give her warm milk.

youngone

Milk will not 'quieten' down the stomach, whatever that means, considering most of the world is lactose intolerant.

A warm drink will help you fall asleep, though, because it will raise body temperature and the subsequent fall in body temperature will promote sleep.

Justadad

I have used hot chocolate or Horlicks at night to get to sleep but that was years ago. Nowadays a glass of bourbon or two does the trick!:D