Another kid?

ChristopherT

My wife wants to have a third child. I love the two I have but we really can't afford it. Any advice on how to hold her off? When we were first married I got her a dog but I really don't want a second dog.

Blended

I want a lot of kids but today's situation is for anything else but another mouth to feed and raise. I don't know, it's really bold to have many kids these days with our uncertain economy.

benben

Can't she just understand that you can not afford it. Plus the more kids you have the less time you get to spend enjoying your own time, because there is NONE left.

Jdrake

While you make a good point Ben, if he approaches it like that he is going to piss her off. I think you have to take her on a nice vacation without kids to remind her how nice it is to be able to do that.

ChristopherT

A nice vacation would cost money. She's worried about her biological clock. She's only 33 so I think we've got a couple of years left. Thanks for answering.

Clive

My wife is pregnant with our first right now and I'm already worried about how soon she is going to want another one. I haven't even fully adjusted to the idea of having one yet.

Christopher, I think you're right and you've got time. My wife is going to be 33 in October and I think we should wait to have number two until she's about 36 or 37.

Bear

Clive she might not want to wait that long. Not saying it can't be done, but anything over 35 starts out in the high risk category with more ultrasounds and testing...more expensive right off the bat.

ChristopherT

Bear-the danger is if your first child is after your wife is 35. We went through that with my sister. Guess I'll have to 'suit up'-don't really trust her to stay on the pill. Thanks all.

benben

That is probably your best bet. I have 3 and it is like being a remember of a three ringed circus. Once the kids out number the parents, your screwed.

Independent

You make a good point. I still fall back to economics. What good is having a third kid if the entire families quality of life will go down due to the extra costs?