Antiheroes?

Ifamily

I am tired of watching heroes in movies. I think an antihero in a movie will make the movie more intriguing and in some cases, more quality. What do you think?

Len

There are plenty out there. I love to read books with anti-hero protagonists. I agree it makes the story more interesting. Heroes can be so "perfect" that they become boring.

Some movies with anti-hero protags. - American Beauty, American Psycho, Donnie Darko, The Big Lebowski, Vertigo, Clerks, Mallrats, The Devil's Rejects, Dirty Harry, Fight Club, Office Space.

Greendad

I am tired of watching heroes in movies. I think an antihero in a movie will make the movie more intriguing and in some cases, more quality. What do you think?
I have to agree with you. I also prefer to watch movies with antiheroes than movies with heroes in them.

Len, that is a great list. Who is your favorite antihero, if any?

TJoel

Some movies with anti-hero protags. - American Beauty, American Psycho, Donnie Darko, The Big Lebowski, Vertigo, Clerks, Mallrats, The Devil's Rejects, Dirty Harry, Fight Club, Office Space.
Yeah, it is a great list, thanks for sharing. But I think you forgot about The Silence of the Lambs. It is one of my favorite movies ever. I love the character of Hannibal Lecter.

Blake

Fight Club is my favorite movie with an anti-hero. Edward Norton is fantastic in that film. I also like Kevin Smith's characters. They are definitely anti-heroes.

Pascallist

All said above are great movies with anti heroes in them. But my favorite ever is The Godfather. Both Don Corleone and Michael Corleone are the best antiheroes I have ever found in movies.

Mohidad

The Godfather, of course. The movie is epic, the main characters (who are antiheroes) are fascinating, and the quotes are memorable. The other classic is Citizen Kane, whose main character is one of the most memorable antiheroes in film history.