Back Pains After Working At The Computer

William

I experience back pains every time I work in front of computer for 2 or 3 hours straight? I'm conscious about the right sitting position but I still end up having these pains at my back. What can be done to avoid this problem?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I used to get them after a long day. I changed chairs and the problem went away. Well sort of. My shoulders still get tight after a few hours.

Clive

I agree with Jason - the chair can make a huge difference. I got a new chair last year that changed everything for me. Now I actually look forward to long stretches at my desk.

Pascallist

Yes, just replace your chair with the more ergonomic one. If you work on the computer for long hours daily, you deserve the best chair you can get.

Trev

I also have this kind of problem and I was about to create my first topic about this. I don't have enough exercise and I sit in front of the computer for a long time and I get this muscle pains. I never thought that changing the chair would help. I will look for a better chair this weekend.

Mohidad

Replacing your chair with the more comfortable one is a good start. Don't forget to move your body also. Take a break and do simple stretching every now and then.

Verny

Do some stretching and walk around when you don't have a chair that is comfortable. You should save some money for your new chair so you won't have to experience anymore back pains in the future.

William

I've bought the chair where I could relax while typing things. It's a big difference from the previous chair I was using. The pains are also gone so thanks a lot for this advice.

Regis

You could try lying on your back and doing hip thrusts. Alone. It'll stretch out your front thigh muscles-whatever they're called. I only know this because I caught my STB wife doing it and asked what the heck she was doing.

Phillie

You need to get up and stretch during those 2-3 hours. It's not good to sit anywhere that long without moving a bit. You could try a different chair too - I think they key is moving though.

TJoel

I agree with the others about moving your body. You should take a break and do some simple back stretching exercises combined with deep breathing every hour or so.