Balls cost a ton!

polamalu43

Holy cow my wife just told me that we needed to start shelling out money for my daughter. Her ball (senior) is in November. Of course she needs a dress, shoes, hair done, nails too and who knows what else. I told them I needed a second job to pay for it all.

Bear

Maybe your daughter can get a job to help out with some of the expenses. I know when we were in high school my wife got both of her prom gowns for next to nothing at department stores. Just wait until after Christmas and a lot of them will get marked down quite a bit. Her senior year dress only cost $30 and it was originally $300.

polamalu43

I wouldn't make her pay for any of it. My parents did not make my sister pay anything. Her ball is in November - otherwise that would work. I don't know why it is so early this year. My wife and daughter are having a very hard time finding a dress.

CHenne

Wowsa! They do cost a lot. Is she going with a date? If she is at least you won't have to buy dinner. These things are pretty expensive now. We all went when we were in school though.

olderthandirt

Is that your school's version of senior prom or are you talking about the homecoming dance? At my daughters' school, November would be the homecoming dance and prom is in May. And yes, they certainly are expensive - try having 3 so close in age. Yikes!