Be a provider, or don't have kids.

footballtim

I decided when I was young not to have children unless I could provide for them the way my parents provided for me.

That never happened due to my career choices.

Even though I regret my career choices, I do not regret my decision not to have children.

themdno

I agree, to an extent. As long as you can keep your kids fed, and healthy, then I don't see a reason to not have kids. But, if you can't give them a safe life, then you would be selfish to have them.

erin

I decided when I was young not to have children unless I could provide for them the way my parents provided for me.

That never happened due to my career choices.

Even though I regret my career choices, I do not regret my decision not to have children.
I don't know how old you are but is it really too late or are you just more comfortable not having kids? No judgement here, some people are better suited to being childless.

youngone

I totally agree. Having children and not being able to provide them is irresponsible. I have one son and I wouldn't be able to afford more children on my current income. It angers me when men spread their seed with no consideration on how they will provide for their children.

FrankSinatra

Yes and no. There are very few circumstances in an adult's life where this can be an acceptable reason. Even people who work full-time making minimum wage will provide for their children...you learn how.

joeldgreat

I think no matter how small a parents salary are, they can still provide a better future for their kids. I knew lots of parents here in my country who are minimum wage earner and yet they have kids which are very successful in their lives. Its not how much did you make but how do you manage the income. I may not be able to buy expensive stuffs for my kids but still make sure that they get what they want.

roncar

Hey, I commend you on this decision. There are too many people out there having kids they can't support. At least you have the cojones to do what's right.

ghanashyam

That is good decision. Here in my country, there are so many people who had many mouths to feed and no money to spend. A child neglected is a wasted gift of GOD.

themdno

I think no matter how small a parents salary are, they can still provide a better future for their kids. I knew lots of parents here in my country who are minimum wage earner and yet they have kids which are very successful in their lives. Its not how much did you make but how do you manage the income. I may not be able to buy expensive stuffs for my kids but still make sure that they get what they want.
That was pretty much what I was trying to say, too. Being able to buy all the new expensive stuff for your kids ins't necessary. But, what if you couldn't even get them the basics? That's when I think it's time to decide to not have kids.

I don't have a problem with public assistance, when it's needed. But, I really hate the idea of having kids, and using the system to take care of them.

daddyjay

You do not need to have the best paying job to be a good parent. You do need to do what it takes to earn enough income to provide what they need and even hopefully some things they want (you don't have to provide the best of the best). There are some men though who have kids without giving any thought to providing for them.

Bear

Money doesn't make anyone a good parent. Loving your child, raising them responsibly, and spending time with them is what makes a good parent. The OP appears to be acting if though this is a black and white issue when clearly it is not. When my wife got pregnant I had a job, and then I lost my job through no fault of my own. That does not make me a bad parent.