Best gift ever

Phillie

My step-son told me on Christmas morning that I was the best dad he could ever ask for. I was so touched that I teared up. His biological dad is still in his life but does not do much with him. I've told my stepson that he did not have to call me dad - he could call me Phil but he now calls me dad all the time. :D

Wyss

That is a great gift and the best ones are those that money can not buy. I was amazed this past holiday when a nephew came up and said he loved his stocking stuffy which was just a small toy car that light up and was a ring too. It did not even cost that much but it was his favorite, even over all of the other expensive ones. Kids are awesome sometimes.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
That is a great gift. You are very lucky and I think it speaks a lot for your character.

roncar

That is pretty special. I would have teared up, too.

I have a funny story about my youngest step-daughter. When she was only 5 and her mom and I had only been dating for 6 weeks, she said she wanted to go to my work to help me wash my car there. I thought is was a little odd that she wanted to help me do that, but she came with me anyway. As we were washing my car, she stops and with the most serious expression, says, "Just so you know, I can never love you as much as I love mommy, because I've know her for 5 weeks, and I've only known you for 6 years." I had to contain myself from laughing because she got the weeks and years mixed up, but I kept a straight face because I knew what she meant. It was just so cute of her to say.

Now, 13 years later we laugh about that day. She barely remembers it but apologizes for saying it anyway. It didn't bother me. I know she was just looking out for her mom.

freedombiker

My step-son told me on Christmas morning that I was the best dad he could ever ask for. I was so touched that I teared up. His biological dad is still in his life but does not do much with him. I've told my stepson that he did not have to call me dad - he could call me Phil but he now calls me dad all the time. :D
Good for you. it is always nice to see that you are appreciated.

youngone

How does his biological Dad feel about your son calling you Dad? I suppose it's down to your son but I wouldn't be happy with that, especially if I was still involved in my son's life.

It's great that your son appreciates what you do, though.

daddyjay

Awww, that is so sweet. It is great that your step-son loves you so much. You sound like a great dad to him. It is nice when kids have a wonderful step-parent especially if their biological parent does not spend much time with them.

BigPapa

That is a really good present. I call my step-dad Dad as well because he is the one that has always been there for me. He might not have donated to the gene pool but he is the only Dad I have ever known.