Bonding with daughters.

KevinD

What are some things you can do as a dad to bond with daughters more? Just do all the girly stuff they like, or try to plan somethings to do with them, that you might think they like?

Papa Bear

One of the things I do with my children is to bring them to a fancy restaurant for formal dining and teach them the right etiquette. They like to play grown ups once in a while, and they love to experience and learn it from us.

KevinD

I think many kids love to play grown ups. That's why they play house. Pretending to have a baby and all those things. I think that my daughters may be too young for going to a fancy restaurant at ages 3 and 4. It is a good suggestion though.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I take my daughter for hikes which she enjoys. She always wants to help me in the garden, but that only lasts a few minutes. I do try and read her a book for bedtime a few times a week.

Peyton

I plan some "daddy dates" with my daughter where she and I go somewhere alone. I think it's important for us to have time alone together. Not just for her, but for me too.