Bonfire tonight

wilson

We are doing a large get together with old co-workers & friends on the farm. Since its getting cooler we decided to have a bonfire to go along with it. This is the only time I am thankful we live on the outskirts of town. :)

Terry

Sounds nice. Are you cooking on the fire or is it not that kind of party? It is a definite plus to live a distance away from other people, nobody to complain about smoke.

CHenne

Awesome.. I hope the weather cooperated for your bonfire. You know you can have fires in most towns if you use a firepit. We are having a bonfire tonight. We are only roasting marshmallows over it though.

Blake

Sometimes when we visit family we have a small fire pit that we will sit around and talk. It's really fun and sometimes we forget how late it really is. That's when all the fun stories come out.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
We had a "family" dinner. The wife invited a few friends over too. But we had a good fire going. Deep fried a turkey, did some grilling, and some ABT's. It was great. Cool enough you were not sweating but not too cold you were freezing. My brother hooked up my dump cart to the lawn tractor and pulled the kids around the yard.

I love those nights.

Mack

We live in the mountains where it is cool most evenings, even in the summer time. We have a nice fire bowl and most evenings late spring through early fall we are outside around it. It's quite pleasant.

Dugger

I miss nights like that. We did that a lot growing up but now that we're in the city I can't give those to my kids. The closest we come is to do hayrides at the local produce farm.