brave mother

Andersson

I just read a story about a lady who had to toss her kid on top of her vehicle when a lose dog came onto her land and tried to attack them both. She ended up having to stab the dogs, one lived and one did not. I could not imagine having to do this myself and I am a man. She is extremely brave.

Victor

Yes she is. I would have been terrified! It's almost like the story Cujo, isn't it? I'm glad she and the kid are both ok. Where was this?

Last edited:

Andersson

I think this was in out-state NY if I am not mistaken. I have actually heard of two random attacks from friends. One was from NY and the other was down outside of Miami.

Bear

You would probably be suprised what you can do if the situation arises. That would be a very scary situation for the mom and child though!

Donald

Moms can kick in and do what they need to do to defend their cubs. I think there is some natural instinct in human kind and animal kind alike when it comes to preservation of the species. We're capable of so much more than we realize.

msdstnctv

It's pure adrenaline and the instinct to protect your child. Think about all the stories of people lifting cars or going to other extremes to save the life of a child. There's no telling what you would do to save a life.

polamalu43

Wow, she is tough! I would not want to do this either but I would if I had to. Dogs are dangerous at times. Some people raise their dogs to be fighters instead of pets. Shame on them!

meowcow

I have to agree. A mother's love really cannot be measured. When a mother's instinct kicks in to protect her kids nothing is impossible. We see this over and over in nature like lions, eagles and tigers but it still amazes me every time, especially when I see it in humans. :) Thanks for sharing!

Sinbian

Wow, that is all I have to say. I admire those people who keep their cool in such situation. Even if she was out of her mind from fear she did what she had to do which was keeping her cool. Poor dogs nonetheless.

Babar

What an awesome tale of courage and sacrifice. It just goes to show that a mother's (or father's) love is truly as tough as nails!

Victor Leigh

I don't really think fathers would do any worse than that mother. She sure is a brave woman. I am sure most men will find the courage to do the same when faced with a similar situation. Myself, I doubt if I would have any problems with dogs since I get on very well with them, even the ones I have never met before.