Bringing friends?

Caleb

If you were going on vacation for a week and your kids each wanted to bring a friend would you let them? I am seriously thinking about letting them both bring a friend. Am I crazy?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard of it done before. I cannot think if I have ever done it before. The first year I moved away from NY to FL, a friend came down for two weeks in the summer. But we stayed home and did not go away anywhere.

Josephmorisson

It's really fine for me but I don't want their friends to stay more than 3 days with us. I always want privacy in the family. Two weeks is not a joke. It's really awkward to have visitors at home unless they are family relatives.

Kenny

I would consider it for older children but not for any say under 10 or 11. As for letting my child going with another family I don't know if I could do that.

Caleb

Well I said yes... So looks like if their friends parents agree we will have a couple of extra kids with us at the beach. It's only a week vacation!

Adam

My daughter is too young to invite any friends. When I was growing up, we never invited friends to come with us to the beach, and I never was invited to go to the beach with anyone. I felt totally left out.

Sammie

When I was growing up my family owned a vacation home in Florida and once I got to be about 12 or 13 I was always allowed to bring a friend. Only one at a time, but even if we were gone for a week or two I had someone there to hang out with. And the friends I invited along usually invited me on their family trips. I'll allow it for my kids, but not until they get a little older.

BigJohn

That's great of you, and it's nice for your kids who will have a bit more fun I'm sure. The thing that would hold me back is the extra expenses of bring a couple additional people.

Kevin

I suppose I would be okay with the friend coming along after say age 11 or twelve. I would discuss some sort of arrangement for the extra expenses though with the friend's parents.