Broken blood vessel in the eye

Don

My wife woke up this morning with a broken blood vessel in her eye. Has anyone ever had this? She said it didn't hurt, but it kind of shocked her when she saw it in the mirror this morning. It wasn't like that when she went to bed.

polamalu43

Is it really red or something? Is that how she knows it is broken? What will they do to fix it or doesn't it need fixing. Obviously I have never had one.

ghanashyam

It seems like you have misjudging something. I have never heard such a thing as a broken blood vessels in eye. Some times, eyes turn red due to some infections or even due to sleep deprivation. Check it .

Andersson

I like to call that Zombie eye myself, had one the other day but it went away pretty quick. It has only happened a few times in my life and I have never known the cause.

writer811

My uncle and I have something similar. We have perpetual bleeding in the back of our eyes. It happens really slowly and the blood just sort of pools up there, making our vision worse and worse. We'll probably be blind someday, which wouldn't be so bad if we weren't also nearly deaf.

Don

We we did an Internet search for it. The condition is called subconjunctival hemorrhage. Apparently, there is no real cause for it, but it can happen when you sneeze. She has been doing that a lot lately, so we think that is what happened.

FrankSinatra

I got hit the face with a rock when I was little and it happened. I recall just icing it and wearing a patch for a few days then some eye drops. Really nothing else but waiting for it to heal on its own.

BigPapa

I had the flu really bad a couple of years ago and ended up busting all, or at least most, of the blood vessels in my face around and in my eye. I looked like I had polka dots. It didn't hurt at all and it wasn't a medical concern but it looked pretty silly.