Brother Is A Single Father

greatdad

My brother and his wife were divorced about a year ago. He got custody of his 6 and 8 year old boys and she has visitation rights. He's having a very hard time because his ex talks badly about him to the boys.

What can he do? Is there anything I can do to help him?

Tyler

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is be supportive of him. He can try to go to the friend of the court to make her stop. I know I had to take 'parenting classes' and they reiterated the importance of not talking bad of the other parent. All she is going to do in the end is alienate herself as my mother did with us kids. She has no relationship with us now.

matt456

If the boys are old enough, then they will gauge your brother by what he truly is. It is unfortunate that the wife is dragging the kids into the whole picture when they actually need to be brought up without any sort of prejudice.

From experience, I have noticed boys better bond with their mothers so that might be a tough situation.

Dave

When my parents divorced, my mother was the same way. I was old enough at 9 and mature enough to realize she was full of crap! I to this day do not have anything to do with her because of what she did to our family, the kids will realize.