Bunk Beds

Victor

Do you use bunk beds for any of your children? Do you think they are a good idea? We are considering getting one for our daughters as they get a bit older and are both in a bed.

polamalu43

My daughter had a set of bunk beds when she was younger. She loved them. She usually slept on the bottom bunk. They were great when she had sleep-overs. There was always an extra bed in her room for her friend.

wilson

We did for the grand-kids but not our kids. They also have a set at their house which makes it more fun for them to build tents with (as they do here too). The best part is when other family comes to visit and they sleep in the bunk-beds, something about an adult in one always gives me a good laugh.

Salazar

I always wanted a bunk bed when I was a kid and my parents wouldn't get me one. My daughter is an only child, but if she ever wants one I'd get her one. I think it's a good idea for brothers or sisters and also for only children so they have an extra bed for when friends sleep over.

Michael

I've gotten one of those bed sets where the bed is on top and the desk and work areas are underneath. My daughter loves it. When she has company over, we use the guest room.

Babar

I think they're a good idea so long as no fights break out over who gets the top bunk. They save space and are useful!

Bobby

We have matching bunk beds for each of our boys. They both sleep in the same room and this way they can sleep on top or on the bottom of their own set. When they have a friend over, there's room on the other bunk.