Buying Presents

Endalia

I have gone with my wife's idea of gifts for the kids this year with one exception. I have decided my step son and my son are going to go camping in the spring, just the three of us. I don't think my wife is going to like this since she won't be included, but I think we all need a bit of male bonding time.

Timothy

Maybe your wife will surprise you! Even if she acts put off, maybe she'll secretly be pleased to have the house to herself for a few days. I know my wife used to act offended when I would go on "guys-only" trips, but come to find out, she really enjoyed having the bed to herself for a few days. ;)

polamalu43

Sounds like a great gift for some great bonding time. I love the idea! We usually camp as a family but I know my wife would be a-okay with me taking the kids and letting her stay home.

Mel

Make sure that when you go you take lots and lots of photos to show her when you return. That way, if she felt a bit left out, she'll know you were thinking of her. I'm sure it will be a memorable time.

Michael

Those individual bonding times are so important. I can't tell you how special my daughter and I think our "daughter-daddy" time is to both of us. It must be even more important for stepchildren, children and their parents.

Andersson

Most parents are too busy working or neglecting kids to actually spend time with them, those are the two top reasons we see in our area. I have always thought it is important to bond with your kids, no gender issues either. We have both taken turns bonding with our kids to do our "own thing" and the other person was always happy to have some free time to themselves. Have a good trip!

Don

Perhaps you should try a few day trips with just the guys before you try a camping trip. That way, you can see how she reacts and maybe soften her up to the idea before you go.