Cabin Fever?

ryan

This winter has been so mild that we've already started enjoying the outdoors. We all get cabin fever, though, whether we're the parent or the child. What activities do you all most enjoy when spring finally arrives? We're planning to put up the badminton net. Playing Frisbee is another activity that's fun for all of us.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm waiting for my first hike and kayak trip for this year. The weather is in the 80's a few times already. Gulf water is 66 though, so still a little chilly. I actually took a dip in my pool Saturday after redoing our fire pit. Pool water was 72, chili but it felt nice.

Bobby

It's still a ways off for us, but we love bike rides and hiking in the woods. We always spend a lot of time at the park letting the kids play on the equipment minus the heavy coats.

Christian

We haven't had much cabin fever this year because it has been unseasonably warm for the most part. We haven't gone on any big adventures like we do in the summer time, but we have been to the local parks a lot.

LeonR

We're finally getting out of the house when we have time to enjoy a day of riding around in the country. We're taking horses out this weekend for a long-awaited jaunt through the woods.

Babar

I think even just getting out of the house to go do a chore can work wonders for curing everyday cabin fever. We try to go away on a big trip at least once per year to keep major cabin fever away.

Bear

We are starting to get a little cabin fever just because it has rained nearly every weekend for over a month. If it doesn't rain on the weekends it has rained so hard in the few days beforehand it is just too muddy to get out. :(

Clay

We like to hike, canoe, camp, explore or anything that involves being outside. When it is warm my son plays outside all day, and you practically have to drag him inside for bedtime! We like to set up croquet, horse shoes, and various activities activities in the yard. You can not forget the chalk either! We always buy tons of it, because the kids love to doodle on anything they can get their hands on!

Ed35

We like you have already been enjoying the mild winter. We have been playing catch in the yard and taking long walks. We love to ride bikes together. We also set up the volleyball net (daughter plays for school).

Michael

We like to go arrowhead hunting. I've taught my daughter how to find them just after a field has been plowed and it has rained and then dried. This time of year is good. Farmers aren't turning up their fields much any more, so it's gotten harder.