Camping in...

DriverDan

This past weekend the kids wanted to do something different than just sit around and watch a movie. So we moved around the furniture and broke out the sleeping bags. We turned out the lights lit some candles, made smores, played charades, and cards, and just had a blast.

Anyone else ever camp in?

SteppinIn

I have memories of doing things like this with my siblings when I was a kid. We would even take sheets and drape them over chairs and tables to make "tents," it was lots of fun. Thank you for the reminder; maybe it's something I can suggest at home this weekend!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I used to make pillow forts as a kid. Does that count?

Also when we finished the basement we had a "kids" room and used to have sleep overs in sleeping bags. We used to tell ghost stories.

Jeff

Actually I was home sick yesterday and my son wanted to make a 'house' with 2 pieces of cardboard he had. The wife told me to think of something so we made a tent with blankets and had the cardboard be the walls. He loved it!

the saint

We used to do that when we were kids too. And we also placed a sheet with a light behind it, and made hand figures on the sheet like fighting dogs, talking ducks...it was fun!

Salazar

My cousins and I used to do this when we were kids. I'm a big kid now so I'll be doing this with my daughter in a year or two.

BensDad

I never really thought about doing this. I don't think we have sleeping bags, but maybe we can throw some blankets down and improvise. This might be a perfect weekend to try this.

stewy

That's a great thing to do with your kids. I recall my own father pitching a tent in the garden and my friend and I slept in it after toasting some marshmallows on a small campfire he lit for us.

WillyWonka

That sounds like a lot of fun! I have fond memories of doing something on this vein when I was young. My brothers and I made castles too and played knights and jousted with Mom's broom and mop. We had a blast.