Celebrity babies

LeonR

Over and over I see these celebrity babies who are worth millions and have things named for them before they are a day or two old. How on earth will such artificial importance laid on them at a very young age affect their growth as normal human beings?

Babar

I agree; it can't be good to be raised in such excess. While never having to worry about money would be great, being raised in a super-rich or exclusive family often robs kids of a well-rounded and healthy childhood.

Andersson

They are born in the celeb world thats how. I find it kind of crazy too but maybe to their parents it is normal and a privileged. Its something I will never know and I am kind of okay with that.

Victor

I can't help but think it will warp them in some way, although some celebrities try really hard to give their kids a normal childhood instead of growing up in the spotlight.

ryan

It's hard to imagine how a child can grow up normally with a name like Rumor, Apple, or Blanket. I get the impression that some celebrities want their child to be different. They put them in the spotlight even before they're born. But I agree that some celebrities make a real effort to provide a grounded upbringing for their children.

Salazar

Yes, there are some who make a real effort to shield their kids from the spotlight and give them as much of a normal upbringing as they can have being raised by famous parents, but it seems that some of them don't try at all to protect their kids from that world. I think a lot of those kids are going to turn out to have issues.

Michael

I recall as I was growing up hearing about so many child stars who committed suicide. Being rich and famous, or poor and famous, isn't what it's cracked up to be,obviously. I love that I grew up having to work for what I have.

Clay

I think you will never know how the kid will turn out. Sometimes they end up partiers and drug addicts. There have also been plenty of times when a rich child turned out to be nice, down to earth, and even gives back to society. I think it all depends on not only the parents, but other people who surround the child.

Lorenzo

Over and over I see these celebrity babies who are worth millions and have things named for them before they are a day or two old. How on earth will such artificial importance laid on them at a very young age affect their growth as normal human beings?
Personally, I don't think it matters more what kind of surrounding these celebrity babies grow up in, but on how their parents rear them. If their parents are not there to instill good values and spend quality time with them, then I can only guess the rough times ahead for these kids - partying, drugs, alcohol, and never caring about others but themselves. However, if they are guided well, I'm sure they'll turn out as well-rounded as any regular children.