Cheap lunch?

kreso93

Hey guys, does anyone knows some recipes for cheap and easy to make meals? Not macs and cheese and stuff like that. I'd like to try out something new and different but that it's not that expensive.

Bobby

You can't go wrong with stir fry. Just cut up a variety of vegetables and some chunks of any kind of meat and put them in some hot oil in a wok or large frying pan. You can change the flavor by adding different types of sauces. Great for supper and for lunch warm-ups.

Victor Leigh

How about one-pot meals? An easy one to make is chicken rice. Just cut up some chicken into bite size. Wash the rice and put in the chicken. Add a dash of oyster sauce and salt for taste. Cook. Add some garnishing. Dinner's ready.

polamalu43

Chili is easy and cheap! You can even add different things to the chili to change it up. Sloppy joes, taco's and goulash are also easy and cheap. I'm going with hamburg it seems.

Clay

Stir fry is my favorite easy meal. You could make wraps. Use a burrito and stuff it with any goodies you like. You can add different sauces, too. I usually cut my rolled burritos up, so they come out looking like pinwheels. If you are feeding kids, they tend to like it. Plus the pinwheels are easier for them to pick up.

Bear

We do a lot of crockpot meals which are easy, but my favorite summertime easy meals are sandwiches. We have those and salads quite a lot in the warmer months.

R. Paradon

Like others have said crock pot food is easy and cheap! Usually I love to cook and am pretty good (I think so anyway) but when I am lazy or know that I am going to have a busy or lazy day I will just drop a pork butt and some seasoning into my pot and by morning it is easy to pull and make sandwiches, burritos or just a plate of it alone.

Michael

We go for soups. We'll fix huge pots of soup and freeze different kinds so that when we need a quick and easy meal, all we have to do is thaw and defrost a container. Usually we add a salad or sandwich.

polamalu43

Soups and chili from fall through the end of winter. I don't really care for sandwiches but I love pannini sandwiches. There is just something about them that I love. I love the crock pot ideas too!

Jatelo2

This is the area where I score poorly. I don't know how to cook let alone knowing the recipe. I'll also just depend on what advise the other forum members give on this thread.Thanks for the post! hehe

Foster

If we're in need of a quick and cheap meal tend to cook some pasta, boil some frozen veg and open a tin of chicken soup. Once the pasta and veg are part cooked throw it all in a pan with the soup. Finish off the pasta and you good to go.

flfsurveyor

Soups are easiest to prepare. You could also try steaming. I have a two level steamer. I boil the potatoes and/or corn in a cob in the water compartment, i place a couple of slices of cream dory seasoned with salt and pepper on the first level steamer, and broccoli flowers and strips of carrots on the top level steamer.

FrankSinatra

Get a crock pot recipe book from Barnes and Noble and you will be all set. It is the easiest way to cook and you can really create a lot of different dishes. We use ours at least 1 time a week, but probably more.