Check the health of your spouse’s prostate!

AlexSamRogers

My husband and I had problems for many months in the bedroom department before he finally gave in and went to see a doctor – we were both relieved and a bit worried to find that he had an enlarged prostate. But we didn’t know that the prescription drug he was given could have led him to impotence when we were desperately trying to babies! Ignoring the risks could have been really serious. He’s a lot older than me but we were both under the illusion we were healthy and happy and his loss of libido didn’t seem like a big issue – prostate problems though really are!! It can even lead to cancer. If you’re worried about anything get checked out, and do your research on medicine. He’s used this forum before so I wanted to share our wisdom… especially because we are now pregnant :)

sreekumar

prostate problem as I understand, generally occurs in middle aged and above males and it is an impediment to their sexual engagements as this is the gland producing ingredients for ejaculation and the orgasms related to it. The enlargements are usual and always need not lead to cancer as feared.

polamalu43

Wow, I'm glad you figured out what the problem was. Stinks that the medicine causes those kinds of problems though. I hope he gets better soon. I have never had my prostrate checked.

Victor

I've never had mine checked either. I'm not yet 40 so I just haven't worried about it.

I'm glad your husband is ok, and congratulations on the upcoming baby!

Victor Leigh

I am just one year short of 60. Maybe it's high time to have my prostrate checked. On second thoughts, maybe not. Mainly because I am totally wifeless at the moment and it doesn't make any difference whether I am up to it or not. Right?

Ifamily

Thanks for the discussion. I have never got mine checked either. I have never had any urinating issues, but it's still a long way to go before I reach 40.

BigPapa

I have never had mine checked either but I haven't had any issues that would lead me to believe I needed to either. I am glad that you and your husband were able to figure out what the problem was and finally get pregnant. I wish you both all the happiness a new little miracle can bring into your lives.

Bear

Congratulations on the baby! I have never had my prostate checked either, but I have to go to the doctor every 3 months to keep my diabetes in check. I figure the doc will let me know when it's time for the first check. I am only 32 so it might be awhile.

Jatelo2

What are the Chances of One recovering completely from Chronic Prostatitis ?

I had been diagnosed of Protatitis where the doctor said it was chronic. so I was put under antibiotics (Ciprofloxacin BD) for 28 days. I'm now through with the drugs and just wanted to know whether it is really possible to recover from this disease completely. Any informed advice or personal experience would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Victor Leigh

I had been diagnosed of Protatitis where the doctor said it was chronic. so I was put under antibiotics (Ciprofloxacin BD) for 28 days. I'm now through with the drugs and just wanted to know whether it is really possible to recover from this disease completely. Any informed advice or personal experience would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance
If you want a really qualified reply, you must ask a professional medical practitioner. In person. Questions like these cannot be answered adequately in an online forum.

joeldgreat

Good to know that we are ones of the lucky employee here in my company that includes prostate condition check up every year. Prostate condition really is a big problem for men which begins in the late 30's.

chea

Good advice. I have some Saw Palmetto in my cupboard, which is great for a healthy prostate. It's also is great for hair loss, but it totally kills your sex drive and causes impotence. It's good you got that checked out. Congratz on the pregnancy.