Christian Families?

Sinbian

Any christian families out there? I was wondering, do you uphold the values our Lord, Jesus Christ has left us to uphold? Do you try to live by them and instill them into your kids?

Dad Brad

My family is a Christian family from top to bottom. Grandparents on both sides, us, my kids and all the aunts and uncles are Bible-toting, and sometimes Bible-thumping, Christians. We've dedicated our families and lives to Christ and his teachings.

Jonathan

We are a Christian family, but I personally am not so religious in the way church goers are. There are many things I have learned from the Bible and passed to the kids though.

Michael

We're another Christian family. I grew up Presbyterian but turned Baptist when I married my wife. I think I'm still Presbyterian at heart. Believe it or not, they are different.

TwinPeaks

Hm, we are Christians as well, but do you ask yourself how can there be so many denominations of our faith out there? If God is absolute and direct in his laws, how can there be so many different interpretations of his laws. Shouldn't there be just one coherent, His? I'm not trying to start a religious quarrel, I am just curious.

Last edited:

Restless

Yes that is tricky when you come to think about it. I'm not going deeper into the discussion but if you expect that your God is absolute, you can't have multiple versions of what he was trying to say. Only one version (original) has to be true.

joeldgreat

One thing I've learned of being a Catholic is that it is one of the best foundation of raising a good family. God first above all is always what I entail my kids to think before doing things on their own. And another thing is that teach them to learn the lessons of life by setting as an example is I think one aspect of being a God-centered family.

meowcow

Yes, we go to church every Sunday and we regularly have conversations about our beliefs. I don't force it on anyone though, but I do uphold the rules of my belief in my household. However, they know that they are free to become anything and anyone they want to be at any time, just as long as it doesn't result in anything bad.