Christmas is coming

Christian

Christmas will be here before you know it! Have you started putting some money aside to pay for Christmas this year, or have you started shopping yet?

Bear

It is going to be a very, very slim Christmas around here, but that's no different than last year. We will make sure the kids get a little something and that will be that. At least I can make the family a killer dinner.

BigPapa

We shop all year long for gifts. Why wait until the last minute and pay the highest prices for things? We make a lot of our gifts for close friends and family as well. Doing a lot of it in advance also means less stress because we don't have to deal with all the last minute crowds.

olderthandirt

I have a gift tote in my closet - actually, two at this point. I buy stocking stuffers and smaller gifts all year when I find a great deal. The only thing I wait until after Thanksgiving for is their 'big' gifts.

Kenny

Unfortunately, we haven't had the funds to get started early this year, and it will be a slim Christmas. Actually, the last few years have gotten slimmer and slimmer around Christmas time.

polamalu43

My wife has already started shopping. She shops all year. We save all year too. We take money out of each paycheck and use it for Christmas. I think I read that we have 9 more Saturdays before Christmas.

Timothy

Not to sound like Scrooge here, but Christmas is one of the last things on my mind right now! With only one income coming into the house (mine ... the wife is not working) things will be slim around here this year.

Kenny

I know what you mean Timothy. My wife works online and normally the money she earns is what we spend on Christmas, birthdays, and "extras" throughout the year. This year she is working double and triple what she used to and all of that money is going to trying to keep the lights on.

Andersson

We have already shopped for the kids in the family but we always wait until the last minute to buy each other gifts. This year we are thinking about a mini vacation after the holidays for just the two of us. It has been years since we have gotten away.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Done a little shopping here and there. I was just thinking about ordering some gift cards from the credit card rewards so we can start shopping some more.