Christmas shopping

Dad Brad

How many fathers take their children shopping to buy special Christmas presents for their mother? We always enjoy our special Daddy-children day off between Thanksgiving and the first of the year. That's when we sneak away from Mommy and visit the stores. We have lunch and make an excursion out of it. Mommy pretends she doesn't know what we're doing. Who else does something like this?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I have thought about doing something like that when they get older. Right now I think they are a bit too young.

BigPapa

My daughter and I always go shopping together to get a gift for my wife. My daughter loves it and my wife never even knows since I am WAHD and she works outside the house. We usually go on a day off of school.

Don

My daughter and I usually go, but this year she is making my wife a gift. My daughter learned to knit over the summer and is making my wife a scarf.

CHenne

I do this with my kids. I also go with my wife to buy the gifts for our kids. We even take the kids out to get gifts for each other. I don't mind shopping with the kids for Christmas.

Endalia

I usually take my kids out on our own about once a month and let "Mommy" have a day where she doesn't have to do anything for anyone. We usually go out and eat and then go to a movie followed by a trip somewhere else depending upon the time of year and the weather. It really allows my wife to de-stress and have some "me" time.

Mel

I have three daughters. I take each one on a different day so that they can pick out gifts for their mom and for each other. We have many fun memories from these trips.

Timothy

I absolutely despise shopping, so I've never done anything like this with my son before. Even if I didn't hate shopping, he's too young to understand the concept of shopping for someone else. His attention span is still too short for that right now.

Salazar

I'm going to start doing this next year. By then, my daughter will be four and I think she'll have a better handle on Christmas and giving and all that good stuff.

Andersson

I have done this before too and sometimes help out with the grand kids as well, extra eyes are always a good thing when you have three to look after. Most times I try to take care of the shopping long before Thanksgiving hits.