combo foods

Andersson

There are times when I cook that I just have to try something a little off the wall. Last night I am sure it was high in calories but I tossed in some nice popcorn style chicken, spiced up with something from the pantry and tossed in some macaroni. It turned out pretty good but the wife hated it. :D

Last edited:

Babar

That sounds delicious! Sometimes the best recipes come from combining your favorite comfort food standbys. Just tell the old lady that life is too short to subsist on salad all of the time!

CHenne

Sounds pretty awful to me too. Popcorn chicken and noodles? Gross! I would have tossed it on a salad (yes I'm a health nut right now). I do like some odd things together though. I love cottage cheese mixed with spaghetti. I also love baked beans, green beans and cottage cheese mixed!

Andersson

Oh trust this old plucker, I can whip up some of the battiest dishes around and Gordon Ramsay has nothing on me. I love all types of beans too, that is actually part of what is going into tonight's dinner!

R. Paradon

Oh trust this old plucker, I can whip up some of the battiest dishes around and Gordon Ramsay has nothing on me. I love all types of beans too, that is actually part of what is going into tonight's dinner!
I am with you! Most people are so concerned with not eating this or not eating that because some doctor or scientist says it is not healthy...then ten years later they change their minds. Just think about the "DEADLY EGGS" that are now "The incredible edible eggs!"

Victor Leigh

I enjoy refining my one-pot recipes. My mother started me off by teaching me how to cook chicken rice all in just one pot. Now I have added a few extra variations of my own.

erin

My favorite is eggs sandwiches with potato chips crunched on top. They have to be salty chips or it just isn't the same. Other than this I pretty much stick to the basics.

FrankSinatra

We do that a lot; just take what we can from the cupboard and fridge and make something up on the fly. It usually works out pretty well since we like to stock our house with some essentials on hand all the time.