Comfort foods!

Ed35

My Gram passed away this past week so we have been eating a lot of comfort foods. Tonight we had a big family dinner, ham and scalloped potatoes. Friday night we had meatloaf and mashed potatoes. What is your comfort food?

Michael

By all means, it's beef ribs and baked potatoes. There is nothing that brings back my upbringing and the good times in the family quite so much. A steak on the grill does it, too, along with hot dogs and homemade chili.

Ed35

Oh yeah I forgot about steak! I also love twice baked potatoes! Really any potato is comfort food to me. The sloppier the better (butter, sour cream, bacon, whatever).

Salazar

I'm sorry for your loss, Ed. Comfort foods definitely do seem to go hand and hand with funerals. I don't think I could choose just one comfort food because it really depends on my mood. Sometimes it's a smoked brisket or chili, other times it's anything Mexican or just plain macaroni and cheese.

Ed35

Those sound good too Salazar and thanks for your comment. I love chili and homemade macaroni and cheese! I'm not a big Mexican food fan other then taco's.

Clay

Chicken and dumplings, chicken fingers and chili are my comfort foods. I also love meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I am sorry to hear about your loss, Ed.

LeonR

A big pot of homemade chicken vegetable soup or homemade chili with beans is just what I need to make me happy and have happy home thoughts. My mom made the best soups and chili. I use her recipes but nothing turns out as good.

meowcow

Sorry to hear about your loss. Comfort food is almost literally what it name entails. It really calms the nerves to eat something so familiar. Mine is also meatloaf and potatoes, my mom has the best cooking. She also makes a great beef stew which is a very close second for me.

Andersson

I am sorry for your lose but I must say, your foods are my foods too. I love carbs and I need to limit myself with them or I will overdo it.

janicecai1

Hmm, when I feel really sad, I think my comfort food would be chocolates and ice cream. I just love eating sweets when I feel so sad. I kow I should not because it will not do me any good. Its just that I know I should be eating bananas and other fruits for me to have more serotonin or endorphin - yet I am indulging on chocolates or ice cream - and I am aware that it will make things worse. but I just so love to eat those when I am down. It just won't matter anymore. Indulging on my comfort foods will make me feel better immediately.