Coming home party

Peyton

My step son will be moving in with us soon and I was thinking that maybe we should have a little party for him when he gets here. Kind of like a "coming home" party. On the other hand, it's going to be quite a big transition for him (he's never been here before) and I'm not sure if it would be too overwhelming. What would you do?

Salazar

I think maybe having some balloons and a special dinner or something like that would be good, but you don't want to go too over the top if he's going through a major transition. Keep it to your immediate family and make him the guest of honor at dinner that night.

Jdrake

I would have a little party, however not with strangers. I would decorate and everything and only have the people who he will be living with at the party.

Phillie

I don't know honestly. I mean you don't want him to think - what the heck am I getting in to... but it would be nice to welcome him too. Why not just a small party with your family.

FatherYoung

I think it depends on what type of personality he is? Does he likes parties, or is he introverted?

I agree with everyone above about the fact that a small party would be best. Maybe a dinner with his favorite dishes and perhaps a coming home present...

Milt

I guess it would depend on what your goal is. Is he happy about moving in with you? It sounds like you are happy about it. If it's something you all want to celebrate, then some kind of festive gathering would be good.