Communicating with your ex

Papa Bear

Whenever I go to her place to get my kid, we sit down for a while to talk about the problems encountered in raising him and what should be done. Do you do the same?

forgotten

We seldom talk about it. My son is the one who gives me updates on what she does and what he does. Only when I perceive a problem do we talk.

Richard

Our parenting styles are so drastically different, that the way we handle things just doesn't allow for us to really sit down and chat about it. She'll let me know (and I'll let her know) if something big is happening, like at school or something, but for the most part we handle it individually as we see it.

WillyWonka

In one word NO! My ex is a drug abuser and will only see the children if I take them to her mother and father to stay. Her mother and father monitor the visit and try to shelter my baby from some of the worst of her behavior. She knows she cannot act out while she's with our child. Right now it isn't a problem. I have a feeling when my daughter gets older it will be.

noahsdad

We do discuss matters with each other. We have come to realize if we are nasty to each other the only one it is hurting is our child.