Considering a netbook

Mel

We use our computer a lot at our house. We are considering a netbook as an inexpensive way to add a computer to the household. We only need to be able to surf and process e-mail. Any experience with these? We

Andersson

I would get a tablet instead, at least for me the netbooks are too tiny to type on. We have an older tablet and it works fine but it does take a little getting used to when you are typing on flat keys.

Last edited:

Timothy

Andersson - What's the difference between a netbook and a tablet? (For that matter, what's the difference between a netbook and a laptop?) Sorry, I'm just not very tech-savvy! I know we have the desktop here in the family room, and my wife also has a laptop that she keeps in the dining room, but that's the extent of my PC knowledge!

Mel - I don't know what your budget is, but my wife was telling me about a laptop that Dell sells for $400. According to her, that's like, a REALLY good deal. If it's in your budget, you might want to check it out.

LeonR

I have had to replace so many laptops, I swear I'll never buy another one. I've had Dell, Gateway, two HP's and another Dell. They all fizzle out by the third year. I'm through with laptops.

Bearsfan

My wife has a Dell netbook that she's had for a little over 3 years. She loves it. We have thought about getting a tablet since, but know we would want to get a keyboard for it, since neither of us like typing on the touchscreen. (It might be something we could get use to, I guess.) We're open to getting a tablet when it's time to replace the netbook.

My suggestion, do to the store and play around with the displays. Get a feel for what you'd prefer.