Couldn't remember

Mel

Did you hear Rick Perry totally stutter during the last GOP candidate debate? He said there were three agencies he would eliminate if elected, and then he couldn't remember the third one! NOT the right guy for the job.

Jack

Yeah, I watched the whole debate. I must admit, I have never seen a candidate trip over themselves like Rick Perry did. I think he's going to lose a lot of support as a result.

Bear

Really? That is your deciding factor? With as many interviews, speeches, and debates these guys have to do I would be suprised if they didn't slip occasionally. At least it shows he is human.

Freezie

This isn't the deciding factor for me (he proved his lack of worth earlier to me) but I mean, if it's something you feel strongly about getting rid of, shouldn't you know it? I think somebody forgot the line they had been fed earlier . . .

He didn't need to prove that he's human. All the candidates are. It would be nice if one could stand out above the hours for something good.

bighelp

I missed it but you would think he had notes, and could actually read them. People do sometimes stumble and to a point I can get it, I am far from a public speaker but if you plan to apply for the job, at least know how to give a proper debate.

Len

I missed it but you would think he had notes, and could actually read them. People do sometimes stumble and to a point I can get it, I am far from a public speaker but if you plan to apply for the job, at least know how to give a proper debate.
Yep, I completely agree. I saw it and I thought it was silly. I understand being nervous and stuttering, but that's not even what happened. He totally blanked on a talking point that, to me, is pretty major.

JDan

Hey -- this is not just another job

Really? That is your deciding factor? With as many interviews, speeches, and debates these guys have to do I would be suprised if they didn't slip occasionally. At least it shows he is human.
This man is wanting us to elect him President of the United States of America. He's not just interviewing for a job or even asking to be CEO of a corporation. He wants to be in charge of the button.

Dad Brad

I feel kind of bad for the guy. We all stumble on occasion. We just have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and begin again. Rick Perry's error was a serious one, however. People should examine the issues and other aspects of his record especially carefully.