Coupons

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Any coupon users here? Do you do the grocery shopping in your family?

I recently took back the coupon binder. I had set up on about a year or so ago, that the wife took over. But since she is unable to stay within budget and her being pregnant is making it hard for her to shop, I took it back over. Took me about two hours to get it in order how I like it. Sort of funny to see the wife tell me the same stuff I told her a few years ago. Not sure how long I will keep it up this time before she tries to take it over. We have a different feel on unnecessary items, she feels ice cream is necessary while I do not.

It is always fun to see the strange looks I get from people when shopping too.

Bear

Since she is pregnant ice cream is a necessary item! Trust me man, that is NOT a battle that you really want to fight. My wife and I both do the coupon thing around our house. I am totally not ashamed to pull out the coupons at the register!

Isabellas2007

I used to do the coupon thing. However, with the extreme coupon show, it was really odd that the coupons do not work as well now. I know I used to save as much money as the shows do, but now I barely save a dime.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I used to do the coupon thing. However, with the extreme coupon show, it was really odd that the coupons do not work as well now. I know I used to save as much money as the shows do, but now I barely save a dime.
A lot of stores changed their rules after that show. The sad part is they would cheat on the show sometimes. But it sort of killed it for the rest of us. I'm happy at getting around 50% cost.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Since she is pregnant ice cream is a necessary item! Trust me man, that is NOT a battle that you really want to fight. My wife and I both do the coupon thing around our house. I am totally not ashamed to pull out the coupons at the register!
Already fought and won. She gets ice cream or our son goes to the same school as our daughter. We all had to make sacrifices for it, she will too.

tommymac

I used to use coupons all the time until I realized how much coupons were compelling me to buy things that I might not normally purchase. Now, I do scan the paper and various coupon sites, but I only clip if it's something I am already going to buy.

polamalu43

We use coupons too but I have to admit my wife is way better than me at shopping. Hands down she gets groceries for about 50% off each week. I do help clip and sort coupons though. My kids do too!