Craigs list and women

polamalu43

My wife is angry at me right now. I have some guys coming over to look at some tractor parts and she is the only one that will be home. These guys have been over before and I have spoken with them at least 10 times in the last month. She is mad that they are coming when he isn't here. I would never let anyone come that we had not already met. She called her dad and he is going to be there when they come. Am I being under protective and uncaring?

Timothy

I don't think you're being uncaring, but it sounds to me like she doesn't feel safe around them when you aren't there. My wife is the same way. We have sold a few items through Craigslist and she always insisted I be there when people came to pick the stuff up.

Bear

I can see where your wife is concerned, especially since you are talking about more than one person. Personally, I would never have someone come over for something like that when I wasn't home. My wife doesn't even answer the door unless she is armed, and I still wouldn't do it.

Salazar

I don't trust anyone to be here when I'm not home, but that's just me. I know I'm a little over the top when it comes to being protective.

My advice to you is to just respect how she feels. I don't think you're doing anything wrong if you're comfortable with these guys, but she isn't and that's what matters if you're not going to be around.

Victor

My advice to you is to just respect how she feels. I don't think you're doing anything wrong if you're comfortable with these guys, but she isn't and that's what matters if you're not going to be around.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I guess it's a good thing her dad will be there or else you'd need to reschedule. I think you owe her an apology for not considering her comfort level.

On The Mark

Am I being under protective and uncaring?
I don't know if I'd call it that. I don't know what I would call that exactly. Naïve maybe? There's no way I would invite 10 men over to my house to look at anything if my woman is the only one there. If the sale of these items are import to you, schedule a time to meet them you're home, not her.

Andersson

We have sold stuff before too but we have always been together when someone comes over to visit and I never take an offer with an iffy time. People either need to be here when I am available or it will go to the next bidder. When you set a time in concrete it helps to speed things along, and get people out of your home quicker.