Credit card statement

CHenne

So right now I imagine the credit card statements are starting to roll in from all the Christmas purchases. My wife and I did not use one single credit card this year. We saved money all year and bought everything with cash.

How is everyone else doing? Did you tape off your mailbox? :)

DeputyDad

That's when reality hits home for most people. We stayed within our means this year. It's hard not being able to give the kids everything that they want, but they do have everything they need, which is the important thing.

Andersson

We used our credit cards a little but it was more for things around the house that we wanted to replace or upgrade, not for gifts. Thankfully we learned many decades ago how easy it is to turn credit upside-down.

Bear

We don't even have credit cards anymore. Everything we bought was from my wife's online job. We didn't get everything we wanted/needed to but we didn't go into debt either.

polamalu43

We don't use credit cards for Christmas gifts either. I laugh when I hear how people are afraid of the bills coming in. Don't charge and you won't have to worry about it. I get that some people need to use them for things that they need. You should not use them for something you want.

CHenne

Good to see that we are smarter than that here. I can't believe the number of people at work that are complaining about it. Most of these people make more money than me too!