Daughter and Daddy Ball

Michael

I'm taking Cinderella to the ball tonight. It's the night my little girl and I get to dress up in our very best and go dancing. Mama stays home. My daughter's dance teacher has dreamed up yet another way of getting money out of my wallet. I do have a love-hate relationship with this type thing. Right now she loves going, but if she decided to stop, my wallet would smile.

Salazar

That's a really great idea, but I can see how paying extra for it can be frustrating. The things we do for our kids! At least you're daughter is having fun spending quality time with daddy.

wilson

I wish more people did this. I hear about kids always wanting to go but places in their area are just not that "old fashion" and do not set them up. Where was yours going to be held?

Dad9593

That sounds awesome! Wish I could have done something like that with my daughter when she was little. As far as I know, there weren't any Daughter & Daddy dances/balls near where we live.

Babar

Aw, make sure she doesn't catch wind of your semi-reluctant attitude! I think you should be happy she doesn't see the whole thing as dorky and is interested in some wholesome, enriching quality time with her dad.

Michael

Thanks, everyone. I went and had a wonderful time. We danced the entire time. The night was cold, but we were warm. It was in the same gym-type building where her dance lessons occur. She looked like a real princess, and I was totally her charming prince.

Bear

I think stuff like that is awesome. Quite a few of the elementary schools around here did that for Valentine's day. I think it's cool that they are offering up extra activities for parents to spend quality time with their kids.