Daughter caught her first baseball

Michael

We went to a local baseball game this week. The mascot had my daughter out on the field running bases with him. As sort of a prize, they allowed her to "catch" and keep one of the balls. She's so excited. I think I have a little tomboy on my hands.

Dan

Congrats! Is she your only one? My daughter has two older brothers so she is a tomboy just to keep up with them-with one exception. She loves shoes!

joeldgreat

When she's still on her toddler years, daughter prefers watching a basketball game and Ben 10 series than a barbie movie. She prefers to play the counterstrike game on the computer than Sim...I taught that she would ended up of having a male preference when she grew up. But my expectation were all incorrect. She now a lovely 12 year old having crushes with boys in her school and now beginning to apply lipstick and buys teenage magazines every month.

Victor Leigh

I don't think having a tomboy for a daughter is a big problem. In fact, there are some bonuses. For one, a tomboy would be more than eager to help out with the manly tasks, like fixing things around the house. Plus, generally speaking, outfitting a tomboy is much cheaper than buying clothes for a girly daughter.

polamalu43

How old is your daughter? Girls play sports too and that doesn't make them tomboys - it makes them athletic and well-rounded. Yeah for your daughter though, I bet she had a ball!

themdno

That's true, just playing and being interested in sports doesn't really make her a tomboy.

But, that is awesome that she got to do that, though! I bet she was so excited.

R. Paradon

That was so cool to hear! Not only the baseball but that you are involved with her in fun events. So many parents are so "busy" that they don't find time. Congrats!

micromachne

That was so cool to hear! Not only the baseball but that you are involved with her in fun events. So many parents are so "busy" that they don't find time. Congrats!
Some parents use that as an excuse yes. But there are some that really ARE just that busy. With money getting tighter or a lot of people, it's a good chance they really ARE too busy sometimes. If it comes down to bringing the kid to a baseball game and putting cloths on the kid's back, what would you choose?

Dan

What annoys me are the parents that go to every single thing for years and years. At some point your kid can go to practice by themselves and would probably prefer it.