Daughter dreaming that we left her

Salazar

My four year old daughter started having bad dreams recently. I know kids have bad dreams, but she's been dreaming that we left her in a store. Apparently, it's the same dream every night. Is there anything I can do to help her get past it? I've been trying to reassure her that we would never do that, but she keeps having the dream anyway.

Victor

That must be scary for her. Clearly she has some abandonment anxiety that is playing out in her dreams. She probably just needs extra attention and reassurance.

On The Mark

Next time she has that dream, take her to the store. Keep her on you the whole time. Just pick up a thing or two and show her that not only will you not leave her, but you'll hold on to her the whole time.

Salazar

Next time she has that dream, take her to the store. Keep her on you the whole time. Just pick up a thing or two and show her that not only will you not leave her, but you'll hold on to her the whole time.
That's a good plan. I'll pass this idea on to my wife since she's the one who is usually around in the morning to hear about the bad dream. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sinbian

You could practice her confidence by letting her do something on her own, some important tasks. That way she will see that she doesn't need your presence all the time.