Daughter over eating

benben

My daughter has never been over weight, but she is starting to eat a lot more than she should. We have tried to get her to stop, but when we aren't looking she goes to the kitchen and eats. I don't want to turn her anorexic or anything, but how do we get her to stop over eating so she won't get fat?

polamalu43

You have healthy food in the house and you make sure she is eating enough during meal times. Maybe she is more active and needs more food right now. By all means, don't call her fat.

MikeWay

Yeah, I agree.... what ever you do, DON"T use the word fat. Depending on her age you should try to talk to her about healthy eating and a healthy weight. However, make sure you are speaking in a teaching voice and not in any kind of voice that will make her feel bad.

Christian

Do NOT use the words fat or overweight or berate her about how much she is eating. If she eats a lot make sure she is active a lot. My wife came from a family where they used the words fat, and made her feel bad about eating seconds or anything like that. She was anorexic for awhile, and still has food issues today.