Dealing with our daughter's ex.

Justadad

They aren't divorced yet, but that will be their next step. It was my son in law's fault and he accepts the blame. He is still a great dad to their kids and they want to remain friends, so we have told him that he is still welcome at our house, however, he won't visit, as he feels uncomfortable. I don't really know how to deal with it. Any ideas?

Salazar

Have you tried calling him to talk about it? That's about all you can do. You extended the invitation and the ball is in his court.

Zimmer

As long as he spends time with the kids I don't see the problem. Everybody has a different way of dealing with things, maybe this is his.

On The Mark

I'm sure if you give it time he will eventually come by to visit you. Everything sounds amicable enough, you should just give the divorce itself time to play out.

Andersson

There are times when you need to shout the invitation, we did this years ago before a child was involved with my daughter. The guy still comes around sometimes, they are both married with kids of their own and are apart. I still say it was just puppy love but I am sure when you add a child into the mix things change.