Denny's Waitress Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Man at Gunpoint

jason

Administrator
Staff member
A south suburban Chicago woman is accused of participating in the rape of a Chicago man at gunpoint over the summer in the Near North Side.
Cierra Ross, 25, was arrested Tuesday and charged with aggravated criminal sexual assault and armed robbery for the alleged July 26 attack.
Police say a 33-year-old man was walking in the 400 block of North Kingsbury early that morning when Ross pulled up in a car and offered to give him a ride, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
After the man accepted the ride, Ross is accused pulled out a gun and ordering the man to get in the back seat and have sex with her friend, according to Assistant Cook County State’s Attorney Amanda Pillsbury.

Source: Denny's Waitress Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Man at Gunpoint | NBC Chicago

I wonder why it is not considered rape, but sexual assault?

BigPapa

I think it just depends on the state(city) laws. Some places use the words rape and sexual assault interchangeably when it comes to filing charges. I think the article sheds light on the fact that men can also be raped. It is an often overlooked crime.

Andersson

I have a feeling it is a difference of both state laws as well as what actually happened, down to the specifics. That is very odd though, I seldom hear about women committing these types of crimes.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I have a feeling it is a difference of both state laws as well as what actually happened, down to the specifics. That is very odd though, I seldom hear about women committing these types of crimes.
You do not hear about it very often. They say 1 in 33 men have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime.

Bear

That's definitely not something that you hear of very often. Generally, when you think of a man being raped you don't think of the perpetrator being a female.