Denture Reline

Timothy

Do any members here wear dentures? I have been wearing them for a few months now and I think it's time for a reline. They fit really well at first but now they feel "too big" and even the adhesives aren't that much help anymore. How much improvement can I expect to see from a reline? Anyone?

CHenne

You have only had them a couple of months and they already don't fit? I don't wear them but that sounds a bit off to me. I would think once you were fitted you could wear them for years before you needed any major adjustments?

Timothy

Well, I was fitted with the dentures the day my last teeth came out, so the dentures were literally fitted over swollen gums. (This helps with healing, clotting, etc.) Once the gums healed completely and shrank, the dentures became looser.

Bear

I would definitely schedule an appointment with your dentist to see what they can do. If your gums were swollen when they were fitted it would make sense that now the dentures are loose.

Andersson

If this is your first set of dentures it is not a reline that you need but an adjustment. After teeth are pulled your gums will shrink but there is no reason you should need a reline until at least the sixth month after the teeth have been pulled.