Different approaches to grocery shopping

Howard

My wife and I have completely different approaches to grocery shopping. I love to take my time and browse around. She makes a list, focuses on the list only and wants to get done ASAP. Is it like this in your house?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I go in and grab what we need. The wife reads labels, and takes her time.

Luis84

I am more into price comparison. The one thing I love is to take my time since I like to take this time for relaxing and meditation. My wife is too intense and that is why we no longer do the shopping together any longer.

JakeJ

I tend to lack focus when grocery shopping. I often have to come back to an aisle I've already walked down to get something on the list. My wife shops like she's on a TV game show and has two minutes to grab as much as possible!

TopPop

I think my fiance and I are both pretty much on the same page with the shopping. There are certain things I want to take some time to look at and compare and certain things she wants to do that with. Although I will say she reads a lot more labels than I do.

stepdad

I come shopping to push the cart and carry the groceries into the house. I'm not even allowed to bag the groceries because I do it all wrong. If she sends me with a list, I usually get everything, but it's generally a variation of what she actually wanted!

Zebeddee

Stepdad, you too? My ex was always on at me for not packing the heaviest items at the bottom of the bags! Now I do my own shopping so I have had to learn as I go.

Aiden

I hate taking my time. I want to get in and get out as fast as I can. I've always been that way. Shopping is just not my thing; never has been and probably never will be.

proudpapa

Since the wife has been pregnant and sick most of the time, I have been forced to do the majority of the shopping. I don't mind, but it gets a little tricky taking the girls along because they want everything!

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Stepdad, you too? My ex was always on at me for not packing the heaviest items at the bottom of the bags! Now I do my own shopping so I have had to learn as I go.
I used to be a bagger at a grocery store. My first "official" job. So I'm picky how I put things on the belt for the cashier. I always put all frozen stuff together, meats, can goods, and so on. Makes bagging easier, and usually get the heavy stuff on first so it goes into the bottom of the cart when bagged.