Do you have a man cave?

Bishop

Before we had kids I used to have one, but after we had our first child we needed the space so my man cave was recycled. Do you still have yours, how did you manage to keep it after the kids were born?

zeppelin

I don't have one for just me, but my wife and I have a room that we have just to ourselves. We relax in there alone when we need it. She and I had that space before the kids, so it stayed that way.. we just need it.

Do you have a garage? or some spot in the yard you can put a chair at? You need some kind of space.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Does my office count? I do have a small grill area in the back porch too, but the wife is encroaching upon that area.

Fatherof2

Not anymore. I had a room with all my guitars and amps and stuff in it that I could hide out in, but now it's my son's bedroom.

Johnson

Nope. Lost mine to the kids too. My wife is trying to help me find a space elsewhere in the house where I can hang out sometimes.

Zimmer

Well it's not a man cave it's a place in the garage that is reserved for me to work on my projects or just sit and listen to some tunes and relax. When the kids go off to college I'm thinking of setting up a weight room, if my joints will still let me.

Salazar

Yea, my garden :) It's the only time I am completely left alone. Whenever I need to regain focus or think about something I go out there and work with my plants. Even if they aren't in need of anything, it still helps my train of thought.

Regis

I just gave up my apartment so that was my man cave. I'm thinking from now one the only one I'll have is the local bar (if I can get away) or the bathroom with the door locked.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, my garden :) It's the only time I am completely left alone. Whenever I need to regain focus or think about something I go out there and work with my plants. Even if they aren't in need of anything, it still helps my train of thought.
Do gardens count? Yippie, I may have a room, sorta. The wife sends my daughter to "help" sometimes. It usually involves her running around in it and hopefully not stepping on plants.

Does the lawn count as a room? I love mowing the lawn, nice and relaxing and gives me time to think.

Salazar

Do gardens count? Yippie, I may have a room, sorta. The wife sends my daughter to "help" sometimes. It usually involves her running around in it and hopefully not stepping on plants.

Does the lawn count as a room? I love mowing the lawn, nice and relaxing and gives me time to think.
I sure as heck hope gardens count, Jason, otherwise I'll never have a man cave :p My wife never bugs me when I'm gardening because she's afraid I'll put her to work!