Do you like beer?

danno

I couldn't resist a smile when I saw this advertisement for a personal brewing machine that will give you 23 litres of beer in a week! It's a little expensive to buy and it's sold from New Zealand, but I like the idea!

Rey1970

Sounds like a very intriguing proposition. I know my friends would love something like this. I wonder how much is the shipping. However, 23 litters in a weeks sounds kind of high.

Aiden

I'm not a beer drinker. I really think the stuff is totally nasty. I do, however, really like Mike's Hard Lemonade. I'm not sure what that is considered in all honestly lol.

GC856723

I'm not a beer drinker. I really think the stuff is totally nasty. I do, however, really like Mike's Hard Lemonade. I'm not sure what that is considered in all honestly lol.
In all technicality, Mike's is beer. Just not the hops and barley kind, sadly in my opinion. I love my ales and porters, though... I haven't had one since January when my girlfriend and I found out we were having a baby. Figured it was only fair since she couldn't drink.

Salazar

I have never met a beer I didn't like :) However, I'd be in big trouble if I had 23 liters of it at my disposal every week! Nothing would ever get done around here, lol.

McGregor

Trying to access the webpage, I just got an error message on my browser. Anyway, I am not a heavy beer drinker. I drink beer every once in awhile, mostly for social reasons.

Cruise

Well, I am a moderate drinker and 23 liters of beer a week would be too much for me. I wonder if the beer the machine produces is worth to sell.

Phillie

Way too much for me as well. I don't mind an ice cold beer from time to time but I don't want to make my own. I have some pals that would probably love this though!

McGregor

I can access the webpage now. The machine looks cool but the price is not so cool. They sell it at $4,400, which is quite a lot for me.

DaddyO

I don't like beer enough to spend $4,400 on a machine to make it. However I do like beer, and love trying different kinds. Looks like a cool idea.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I could buy a few home brewing kits that make 5 gallons, and have change left over. Heck, it would be enough change to buy ingredients to make the beer for a few years.

Bear

I could buy a few home brewing kits that make 5 gallons, and have change left over. Heck, it would be enough change to buy ingredients to make the beer for a few years.
Any specific ones that you would recommend? The wife and I have been wanting to try home brewing our own beer for awhile now. Just not sure how to get started.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I was pretty much buying local until the place went out of business. I have heard good things from MidWest ([url]http://www.midwestsupplies.com/[/URL]) and just ordered a few kits from them, and have yet to try them. They have a beginers kit section [url]http://www.midwestsupplies.com/homebrewing-equipment/equipment-kits/beginner-s-guide.html[/URL] which should help you decide. What I will advice, is getting a glass carboy for the secondary. I like them a lot better then the buckets, especially when I'm aging mead.

Bear

Thanks a lot Jason. I looked around the site and ordered a catalogue. Man they have a LOT of stuff. Now I just need to decide what I want to get.

Sinbian

I like it but it is not my favorite alcohol drink. I'm more of a stiff drink kind of person but I drink rarely anyway. It could be I never tasted a good beer. So, any suggestions? C'mon, make me a believer. :)