Does Santa wrap?

Salazar

I had this argument every Christmas with my ex. Her family said that Santa does not wrap presents - he just leaves them all under the tree as is. Obviously, I think it should be the opposite. Thankfully, my new wife and I are in agreement on this, so no more holiday fighting. What does your family do with Santa's presents?

SteppinIn

Wow, I had never thought of this - everything was wrapped or bagged in my house, and I preferred wrapped because it was so much fun to tear all that paper off. As far as I know, we and Santa are wrapping everything this holiday season, though maybe I should ask! :p

Wilbur

Santa has to wrap - it's no fun if you wake up and there's everything staring you in the face! Unwrapping and guessing and anticipating is most of the fun. I love to watch people unwrap presents so much I even wrap stocking stuffers.

DriverDan

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. Santa does not wrap presents... the elves do! We have everything wrapped, even the little trinkets that are in the stockings hung with care. I couldn't even imagine waking up to unwrapped presents.

daddyJoe

Santa doesn't wrap presents at my house. He puts them unwrapped under and around the Christmas tree so the kids can see them immediately when they enter the living room. I've never heard of Santa wrapping them before.

SeaUrchin

We prefer to wrap things up and let them tear it apart. There is so much more surprise when they does that. I actually didn't know that Santa didn't wrap in some areas but I guess it's everyone preference.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
We used to have different wrapping paper from Santa then the rest of the family.

Steve

Santa presents get wrapped in our house! We do that too jason, it is more fun to have different styles under the tree! If they are unwrapped why even wait till Christmas?

BensDad

We used to have different wrapping paper from Santa then the rest of the family.
Definitely, my mom did it for us when we were little and that's how we do it for our son as well. To be more specific, Santa presents always have a Santa design on the paper. Our presents have other characters and designs.

Jeff

I am not sure why someone would want to place gifts under the Christmas tree unwrapped. I love seeing my children open up the gifts and the surprise and wonder is part of the Christmas spirit.

Cruise

I don't know it is Santa himself or the reindeer who wraps the presents :), but we always get wrapped gifts from Him on Christmas. And the children prefer them wrapped also.

Last edited:

forgotten

Santa wraps all his presents as much as we do. We also get much fun wrapping the gifts in secret and the excitement of the kids when they open the wrappers are a joy to behold