Does she look down upon you?

Jatelo2

My long time is a stay at home dad and has been of late full of complaints. He stays with the kids as he does some 'work from home' online job, which is really income generating. The wife, on the other hand, has an office job with one of the insurance companies and gets more money. They both share financial obligations as far as the bills are concerned but the man claims that the lady shouts at him and views him, mostly with contempt. Is this really the case with most stay at home dads? Share please...

daddyjay

I don't think it is the case with most stay at home dads. There are a lot of woman who live having a career but who want someone home with the kids. I think a lot of women have respect for their stay at home dad husbands.

mollew3

Yeah I think it depends on both of the parties involved. I dont really believe in the whole stay at home dad parenting but it does work for others. You just have to find out what works for you.

Lorenzo

I was a stay-at-home dad for a while, but I didn't feel my wife took it against me. It was a mutual decision that we had to make for our family and fortunately, it worked out really well.

I hope your friend and his wife could talk things over. After all, it's their family's future that's hanging on the balance.

Mel

I am the parent that stays home, and my wife has never had an issue with it. She is a professional person who needs a support person at home so she can pursue her career. We did what was best for all concerned and we've had no regrets.

Zimmer

I have worked at home and have worked in an office. Where I work was never an issue in our family, as far as the financial part is concerned, my wife is a pharmacist and makes way more than I do. Yet that has never been an issue for neither of us.
I think it really depends on your partner. If theirs some underlining issue, you'll always find a reason to argue.

John

I have a number of friends who are stay-at-home dads. They generally get a lot of respect from people, but their income and standards of living are pretty high. I think the mystery of what they do plays into it a bit.

Godric

I am currently working at home as a dad. I'm still the bread winner though so I'm not sure if I could relate. I don't really think staying at home is a problem but I guess it really depends on the relationship of the parents involved.

BestDaddyEver

Why does she talk down on him and act like it is a bad thing that he is a stay at home dad? She needs someone to stay at home and watch the kids since she work during the day. She should be grateful. And no, I don't think that is always the case with most stay at home dads.

Godric

Why does she talk down on him and act like it is a bad thing that he is a stay at home dad? She needs someone to stay at home and watch the kids since she work during the day. She should be grateful. And no, I don't think that is always the case with most stay at home dads.
Well said, juggling between working and taking care of the kids and house is an epic workout. If some moms complain that it's difficult staying at home. It's the same for us.

I think the thing they should consider here is how to communicate better.:p