Doing Disney World

Michael

My wife has just finished up her summer term exam and has decided we're going somewhere with a water park. Some friends want us to meet them and spend a couple of days at Disney World. It will take me 16 hours to drive there. I know I'm probably going to regret my decision, but we're striking out on the 14th to do a marathon drive and park run. Wish me luck. Who has tips for getting Disney done? This is our first time.

Andersson

I have never been to Disney myself so I would not know, but I do wish you well on the road trip. Sometimes they turn out good and other times you will secretly curse yourself on the drive.

tommymac

I always make a list of what everyone wants to see and make sure we find a way to cover everything. Don't try to get too much in on the first day. Disney is bigger than you think. Set aside time to decompress. Early to bed, early to rise.

Above all, have fun.

polamalu43

Disney is huge! It's like 6 parks all together. I would buy the "hopper" pass - $125 for all parks. My advice is to take lots of pictures! Don't forget your wallet - Disney is expensive!

Michael

I'm afraid of the money angle, I have to admit. The wife is in school now, so her income is a thing of the past, and of the future -- I hope. The hopper pass sounds like a good bet. We'll be with another couple, so I'm hoping they will know some tips, too, especially since they live near there.

FrankSinatra

Take out a loan because it will cost you a lot of money. Over $100 per person to get in, plus food and souvenirs, hotel, gas, etc. You also need to plan on 1 day, minimum, per park you plan to visit since you will be waiting in line for at least an hour per ride/attraction.