Doing the dance of joy

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Perfect Strangers - The Dance of Joy - YouTube

Thursday we went to the doctors for a level 2 ultrasound. As some of you know my son was born last year with a cleft lip and palate, so we get scans and such now as we are a higher risk. The first good news, is we are having another boy. Sadly my daughter did not take the news very well and cried. Her cousin has a little sister so now she wants one too. The second good news, which they checked last was the cleft lip and palate issue. So far our son is in great shape and shows no sign of it. We do have to go back in 10 weeks for another scan with them however. But we have breathed a big sigh of relief knowing we will not have to go through that all over again.

Lorenzo

That's great news, Jason! A child is a gift, no matter the physical attributes. I'll be praying for your unborn son to be in the best peak of health as possible :) As for your little girl, she'll get over her disappointment the second she sees the new baby :D

jason

Administrator
Staff member
That's great news, Jason! A child is a gift, no matter the physical attributes. I'll be praying for your unborn son to be in the best peak of health as possible :) As for your little girl, she'll get over her disappointment the second she sees the new baby :D
Thank you. We tried to tell her she will have her own room being the only girl, but still no luck. I'm sure she will be happy either way though.

Andersson

That is super news! And I know all too well about little kids wanting a new boy or girl and then getting the opposite. My dad told me I did the exact same thing, kids will be kids I guess.

themdno

I agree, I think she'll get over it once she sees him. She fall in love with him right away! I think it's normal for her to feel that way at first, though.

That's great news, also! I'm glad to hear it.

Victor Leigh

I think when the little boy arrives, your daughter will be fighting to look after him. I have seen this happening many times. Kind of like triggering her motherly instincts.

JoshTheBoss

Congratulations. You must be so excited. Just wait, all of that build up, all of that anticipation, and you know what will happen? You won't sleep for 2 months. :D

Excited?!

BigPapa

That is fantastic news Jason. I am glad that all is well so far. I am sure your daughter will be over it as well as soon as you bring the little guy home.

JCJ

I got slapped when we were told that we were having a son instead of a daughter. There's a whole assortment of boys in the family and the ladies *really* wanted us to have a girl for them to pamper. Didn't happen. I'll send out a prayer that your child is happy and healthy!