Don't forget one-on-one time

olderthandirt

One of the best pieces of advice I was given as a young father is one that I want to share with you here. Don't forget to give your children one-on-one time with Dad. It doesn't have to be an entire day or even too frequent, but taking the time to spend quality one-on-one time with each child reminds them that they are special to you, and not one of a set.

Andersson

I think all parents forget this from time to time and it is not always the dads, moms do it too. No child should never be forgotten like this and no matter how busy our lives get to provide for them, we need to provide that one on one time too.

BigPapa

I could not agree more. Sometimes you just need to spend quality time together. I even try to do things with my daughter and I that don't include mom. It makes her feel special. I know once the second gets here, I will do the same with him/her.

Victor

It can be hard to do this, but I agree that it is important for each parent to spend one-on-one time with each child. I once heard of a mom who spent 10 minutes reading to each kid, alone, every night.

Sinbian

That is very true. I think this is the only way that your child can feel safe as well as understand what you are trying to teach it.