Ever get sick of staying at home?

stayathomepaul

Do you ever get sick of staying at home? I am feeling cooped up lately and feeling like I have no fun or friends. My wife really doesn't want me to go back to work. What can I do?

Independent

I am not a stay at home dad but I am a single dad. I know what it feels like to burden the responsibility of the kids and not have a break. If your family doesn't need the money, maybe you could talk to your wife about volunteering. That way you can make a difference and get out of the house.

KevinD

So your wife makes good enough money to where you are comfortable without yourself working? Hey, I wish I had that situation. I have so many hobbies I love to do and can't do them to the best of my ability because I don't have time. You have to find some fun things to do. Or if you can't think of a good hobby for yourself, try to start a business from home or look for work to do on the internet.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I get antsy if I do not get outdoors enough. The wife usually knows and tells me to take the kayak out or something.

PeterPan

If you have no other choice but to stay at home, you can work online or as the others suggested, have a hobby. Do something interesting, learn some crafts...

benny

Staying inside can get on your nerves even with all the hobbies in the world to chose from, when that happens grab your backpack and go for hike, a jog or whatever you like to do when you go outside.